Featured photo byoann Boyer
Whether you want to admit it or not, your skin can play a big part in how you are perceived by other people. Beautiful and healthier looking skin is not only aesthetically pleasing, but it also suggests that you take good care of your general appearance.
Yet, some people are more blessed than others in that department. While someone might have the perfect complexion, another person might be suffering from a general condition like acne. So, while healthy skin provides confidence, those with an unsightly skin disease might be left feeling the opposite way.
Skin problems are also not just restricted to certain age groups or genders. They are a potential concern for anyone. However, there are ways to enhance the skin, and improve both its appearance and health as a result.
4 Changes That Will Give You Healthier Skin Now
If you are currently indulging in an unhealthy diet complete with processed foods and regular trips to fast food joints, this is going to have a negative effect on your skin. As a result, replacing these undesirable options with plenty of foods enriched with Vitamin A and Vitamin C, as well as zinc, iron, and healthy fats, is highly recommended.
Specific items can also help in specific ways, such as tomatoes helping to battle signs of old age. Also, if acne is your main cause for concern, eating plenty of fibers is a proven way to minimize acne breakouts.
Food is not the only thing to change in this realm. You should also place a significant emphasis on drinking plenty of water on a daily basis.
Make use of products
Although you will need to search the market for the best-rated options, skin products are a major asset in attaining healthy and attractive skin. Moisturizers are one of the main items that should be at your disposal, due to it keeping your skin hydrated throughout the day. Other products like cleansers and exfoliating face scrubs will also help with getting your skin smooth and attractive.
With this in mind, sunscreen should never be overlooked. It goes without saying that sun rays can be a big problem, and may result in skin rashes, premature aging and even skin cancer. So if you are going outdoors, make sure to apply a healthy dollop of sunscreen before leaving the house!
Certain skin treatments, such as spider vein removal, require the need to visit a doctor or specialist aesthetic centers such as NY Metro Vein to get effective results. While you might feel embarrassed about your condition, it is, of course, best to get any issues resolved as soon as possible.
Not only will it potentially give you the benefit of removing pain, but it can also boost your confidence due to improving the appearance of your skin.
Avoid smoking and stress
Certain actions might go against the promotion of healthy skin. The consuming of unhealthy food has been previously mentioned, but smoking is similarly bad for the condition of your skin – especially when it comes to making smokers look noticeably olders due to supporting the development of wrinkles.
Stress is another thing that you should try to avoid, as this may result in triggering breakouts and various other skin problems.
By implementing the above changes into your lifestyle, you’ll be able to see a clear change in your skin. Look after your skin today, and feel better for it tomorrow.
Identity Magazine is all about guiding women to discover their powers of Self-Acceptance, Appreciation, and Personal Achievement. We ask that every contributor and expert answer the Identity 5 questions in keeping with our theme. Their answers can be random and in the moment or they can be aligned with the current article they have written. In that way, and as a team, we hope to encourage and motivate each other, thus inspiring you to Get All A’s.
1. What have you accepted within your life, physically and/or mentally?Additionally, what are you still working on accepting? Now, we’re talking about resignation, rather stepping into, embraced, and owned.
I’ve accepted that I am where I am and that’s a good thing.
2. What have you learned to appreciate about yourself and/or within your life, physically and mentally? On the other hand OR in contrast, are there elements of who you are that you’re still working on appreciating?
I have found that when I appreciate everything I’m in a good space. I need to be more mindful of my tolerance of others.
3. What is one of your most rewarding achievements in life? Tell us not onlywhat makes YOU most proud but also share the goals and dreams that you still have.
I’m proud of living my dream of an alternative lifestyle on a small holding surrounded by animals. My dream is to make enough time to write and paint more.
4. Of course, we all have imperfections, or so we think. In truth, we are all perfectly imperfect. What are your not-so-perfect ways? Likewise, what imperfections and quirks create who you are—your Identity?
I love peace and quiet and ironically that’s not so easy to achieve in a world filled with people.
5. “I Love My…” is an outlet for you to appreciate and express all the positive traits that make you…well…YOU! In fact, sharing what you love about yourself will make you smile, feel empowered, and uplift your spirit and soul. (We assure you!) Therefore, Identity challenges you to complete the phrase “I Love My…?”
I love my own space and my independence. Love my family, friends and my pets.