Today’s world is fast paced. Our schedules are packed with meetings, bombarded with time constraints, and free time dedicated to ourselves seems to slowly dwindle at each passing moment.
At every second that you continue to read this article, a moment passes. However, passing moments are not measured by time, but by value. When you invest time in learning how to improve your health, your happiness, and the body you will be living in for the rest of your life, each moment has the potential to become even more enjoyable than the moment before.
You can have what you have always wanted in life.
Your body is a vessel. The vessel has several parts, spiritual, mental, and physical. Take control of your healthy body and mind. Easier said than done? Let me help you achieve the life you have always wanted!
If you could see your life in five years, ten years, twenty years, or even thirty years, what would your dream life look like? Does it involve being able to play with your children? What about your grandchildren? Do you want to see the world? Do you want more energy to do anything and everything you have ever wanted?
Here are five expert tips to begin your journey to achieving your goals TODAY:
- Nutrition controls 80%, if not more, of your weight. What you put in your body as fuel, as well as how much and how often, determines a large part of your body weight. Are you someone who spends hours a day in the gym and is frustrated because they have not seen the numbers on the scale move? If this sounds like you, your daily food intake could be inhibiting all of your hard work!
- Moderation is key. Whether this involves food, exercise, social time, or time alone, we all have boundaries. When these boundaries are neglected and surpassed, we become stressed. Recognize your boundaries and take note to what works for you! Are you full of energy today? Did you have a good day? Note those behaviors and keep them in your healthy lifestyle!
- Eating regularly throughout the day helps you achieve a healthy weight. Everyone’s body is different. However, research (and experience with my patients) have shown time and time again that eating small, regular meals throughout the day (about every 3 hours) helps maintain a healthy metabolism. So I have to eat more to weigh less? YES! More often, that is. Eating every 3 hours communicates with your body and your metabolism that it will not need to store the food you intake as fat. Instead, it will use food for energy.
- Choose foods that are nutrient dense. Foods that are high in protein and fiber help us to feel fuller for a longer period of time. Therefore, we will consume less excess calories. It is recommended to aim for about 30 grams of protein at each meal (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) in order to keep us from feeling hungry and keep us energized! Choose egg whites, low fat or fat free dairy, lean meats like chicken, lean turkey, fish, and lean beef (sirloin). A serving size for meat is about the size of a deck of cards.
- THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS GOOD OR BAD FOODS. Defining a food as being “bad” creates a negative thought, which leads to feeling restricted, which therefore leads to a negative behavior. Instead? Nourish your body! Enjoy the foods that you love in moderation. It is never about that one time you had a food that is not as nutritionally beneficial for you as others. Instead, it’s about your healthy lifestyle as a whole.
Although there are certain recommendations in regards to a healthy lifestyle, I have come across barriers in my professional career. As a fitness professional and a Registered Dietitian, I have found that not everyone has the time or resources to achieve their goals as quickly and safely as possible.
In addition, the media and not properly credentialed professionals misconstrue EVERYTHING that makes our profession credible.
Do you seek a healthier lifestyle? Do you want to improve your quality of life? Make walking up and down the stairs easier? Have the energy to spend time with your family or significant other? Be able to go to work and have a social life without feeling depleted?
Not only do I work at a private practice as a Registered Dietitian in Allentown, NJ but I am now MOST excited about my newest endeavor which I believe will enable me to help the MOST people to create health in their lives.
I am now a Health Coach with a Lifestyle Program that has a weight loss component. This comprehensive program offers virtual support so I am really excited to be able to help people transform their health no matter WHERE they live! We are on a mission to get America Healthy.
If you know anyone who is sick and tired of being sick and tired, or who wants to transform their health and perhaps be able to decrease or discontinue meds (diabetes, hypertension, cholesterol) I can offer a free consult to see if it is a good fit!
My involvement in the fitness world, nutrition world, and now health coach world (virtual) allows me to help people EVERYWHERE and in all aspects of wellness. Join the wellness movement, email me at email@example.com, and change the way you experience life, today!
Identity Magazine is all about empowering women to get all A’s in the game of life – Accept. Appreciate. Achieve.™ Every contributor and expert answer the Identity 5 questions in keeping with our theme. Their answers can be random and in the moment or they can be aligned with the above article. As a team, we hope to inspire and motivate ourselves and inspire you to get all A’s.
1. What have you accepted within your life, physically and/or mentally? What are you still working on accepting?
I have accepted that achieving greatness takes time. There is no magic pill, or magic answer to achieving your goals and dreams. Instead, your life surmounts to every small step you take, no matter how small it is, it will put you on the path to greatness.
2. What have you learn to appreciate about yourself and/or within your life, physically and mentally? What are you still working on to appreciate?
I always live out side the box and try EVERYTHING that comes my way. It can be overwhelming, but it sometimes takes me more time to achieve my goals when I am doing a lot at once. However, when I do have that new certification, career goal, or personal goal complete? It makes it all worth it!
3. What is one of your most rewarding achievements in life? What makes YOU most proud? What goals and dreams do you still have?
I am most proud of my relationships. I am in an amazing supportive and loving relationship, best friends that would drop everything for me, and a family that sticks by me no matter what my next crazy task is.
4. We all have imperfections, so we think. The truth—we are all perfectly imperfect. What are your not-so-perfect ways? What imperfections and quirks create who you are—your Identity?
I can become very overwhelmed very quickly. Taking one step at a time helps me see it is not a race when it comes to achieving your goals. However, sometimes I can get frustrated with myself that I am not exactly where I want to be. However, I know that I am doing what it takes, even if it is something small, every day to get there.
5. “I Love My…” is an outlet for you to express and appreciate all the positive traits that make you…well… YOU! Sharing what you love about yourself will make you smile, feel empowered, and uplift your spirit and soul. (we assure you!) Identity challenges you to complete the phrase “I Love My…?”
Dedication. I choose a task and stick it out until I can no longer grow from it.