Be That Girl! For this month’s “BE,” Founder Susan Vernicek writes on how to BE THAT GIRL. Susan stumbled upon an amazing non-profit that you will see how inline the messaging is between I AM THAT GIRL and Identity Magazine.
BE THAT GIRL
I’ve discovered a new positive outlet for girls (www.iamthatgirl.com) and it’s inspired me to share my thoughts on this message and provide a few valuable tips for you to BE THAT GIRL.
The amazing opportunity to BE THAT GIRL is at your fingertips; it’s directly in your view when you stare into that mirror each morning. All you have to do is open your eyes, and see your identity.
BE THAT GIRL and see your identity!
When you allow yourself the freedom to let go of the pain, fear and doubt and focus on embracing who you are and what you have to offer yourself and the world, you will BE THAT GIRL.
I look up to many women who I see rocking their worlds and being THAT GIRL. They are taking risks, helping others, embracing their self-worth and self-esteem, sharing love to themselves and to those around them.
Ask yourself, “Do I have women in my life that I can say are THAT GIRL?”
If you do…have you told her? Check out this cool way you can and should tell her by submitting a video!
The below paragraph is insanely inline with Identity, so I had to share with you! The mission I came across belongs to I AM THAT GIRL (www.iamthatgirl.com), and this is what they are about:
“Being THAT GIRL is an identity, a responsibility, and an opportunity for us to stand for something bigger than ourselves and to lift each other up. Being THAT GIRL means that we recognize our worth that we’re perfectly flawed and sublimely beauty-full. Every time we look in the mirror, we are reminded that we are the authors of our own lives that we believe in the power of our dreams, feel gorgeous inside and out and we reinvent ourselves in to whomever we choose to be. While we’re certainly out to change the world, we must first start with ourselves. So join our mission, rock this world and be THAT GIRL!”
How crazy is the synergy between Identity and I AM THAT GIRL?
You know I love lists and tips, so here are a few tips on how to BE THAT GIRL:
1. Speak what’s on your mind and support it with confidence in your voice, in your body language and in your actions.
2. Self-reflect each day to learn more about your identity. What did you do that day that made you smile, made you proud, gave you passion?
3. Take note of all the activities, thoughts, comments that you didn’t like from others and that you don’t want to accept into your life anymore. Knowing these boundaries within yourself and your relationship with others is key to being THAT GIRL.
4. Remove those who bring you down from your life. How can you continue to be a confident woman and to BE THAT GIRL if you are constantly battling with those who are bringing you down and not supporting you? Pay attention to your friends and families actions towards you and their communication towards/with you.
5. We consume about 10 hours of media a day! Stop watching trash TV on a regular basis! The more you watch these reality shows and their vain characters, the more likely you may pick up their vocabulary, thoughts, and actions.
6. BE THAT GIRL to another. Be a positive influence, a leader and a reliable friend to those you love and are important in your life.
7. Only 4-percent of women see their own beauty. What’s up with that? BE THAT GIRL and change the way you see yourself. Look in the mirror and see your beauty as you see it in those around you.
8. BE THAT GIRL when it comes to giving compliments. Be sure to let another know they are doing a great job, or that they look beautiful today, or that color looks fantastic on them. Be that uplifting woman, BE THAT GIRL.
9. Give back to your community, even if it’s once a year. Be that supporter, be a giver, simply BE THAT GIRL.
10. Over 50-percent of girls/women are unhappy with their bodies. I still see it every day. When will it stop? Start to have unconditional love for life and for yourself! BE THAT GIRL with a glow around herself. Light up the room when you enter.
BONUS: BE THAT GIRL. You deserve it.
I’ve created a video sharing THAT GIRL to me. Feel free to post your thoughts below or feel free to share video on the I AM THAT GIRL website.
Jasmin is THAT GIRL, She doesn’t judge, she’s living life and growing. She challenges herself, she’s supportive and a GREAT friend. Jasmin, thanks for BEING THAT GIRL! – LOVE YOU!
Feel Beautiful Everyday!
Susan Vernicek – Founder & CEO
Helping Women Get All A’s in the Game of Life – Accept. Appreciate. Achieve.™